Upper School Newspaper of Stuart Country Day School

The Tartan

The Tartan

The Tartan

Upper School Gets Ready to Take Stage for Winter Musical

Upper+School+Gets+Ready+to+Take+Stage+for+Winter+Musical

The annual Stuart Upper School winter musical is scheduled for performances on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2 at 2pm and 7pm in Cor Unum. The production for this year is Matilda, a musical adapted from Roald Dahl’s book about a little girl who is very clever and ends up defeating her bullies and saving the school.

When asked about the performance, Aryianna Johnson, Class of ’25 said, “Song-wise, I really think people will like “Miracle” or “Revolting Children.” There’s also a scene of Ganeev, who plays Matilda, writing with chalk. The way they do that is really cool.” When asked about her experience working on the musical, Vlada Sokol, Class of ’27, remarked, “My favorite part was hanging out with the people in the cast and when it all came together in the end. My highlight of everyday is definitely Trunchbull’s outfit.”

Students from all four grades of the Upper School are part of the production, and there are over 45 Upper School students participating. Tickets cost $14 per person and can be purchased on school’s website under Box Office, or at the front door before the performance.

Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributor
Charlotte Close
Charlotte Close, Staff Writer
Charlotte Close is a part of the Junior class of 2025, and a staff writer for The Tartan. She transferred to Stuart her Sophomore year. Outside of school, she dances and volunteers at an animal shelter. A fun fact about Charlotte is that she has 2 cats.

Comments (0)

All The Tartan Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *