Upper School Newspaper of Stuart Country Day School

The Tartan

The Tartan

The Tartan

Volleyball Team Recognizes Class of 2024 at Senior Day Game

The Stuart volleyball team celebrated their senior players on Oct. 17 following the scheduled senior day game. They defeated STEMCivics 2-0 prior to the ceremony, a great way to kick off senior day.

“We worked as a team and showed our bond,” stated Eva Nester ’24 following the game.

Senior day began with all the seniors running around the dark gym with flashlights beaming on them as Alex Durish ’25 and Sophia Feng ’25 introduced them. The seniors then processed in one-by-one with their families while Alex and Sophia delivered speeches. In addition to the student remarks, each senior was presented with flowers and a box containing a piece of a volleyball, a note from Coach K and Coach Cupit, and a photo.

“The gifts were a heartfelt tribute to our time here,” Senior Alisha Wong ’24 remarked. “It felt like we got a piece of the team to carry with us for the rest of our lives.”

Emotions ran high following the game, as all of the younger team members had formed a strong connection with the seniors and were sad to see them go. Congratulations to Alisha Wong, Eva Nester, Brittney Barnwell, Harsimar Kaur, Nicole Ola, and Grace Xia on their high school volleyball careers.