Upper School Newspaper of Stuart Country Day School

The Tartan

The Tartan

The Tartan

What to Wear in the Fall Season

Though Thanksgiving break is almost upon us, fall is technically still here, lasting until November 3o. If you’re seeking outfits that are warm yet fashionable, look no further. 

Tops, Shirts, and Sweaters

In the fall, everyone wants a cozy top or a sweater. There are a wide variety of sweaters online at American Eagle and Brandy Melville. From Brandy Melville, these two  sweaters perfectly fit the Gilmore Girls aesthetic and run for $38. The Brianna Cotton Cable Knit Sweater (first) is paired with the blue jeans. The Winona Heavy Wool Cable Knit Sweater (second) is also another option. 

A classic fall color scheme consists of warm colors like cream, brown, light gray, and black, but if you are someone who enjoys brighter colors, you have other options. These pink colors still have the appearance of being cozy and warm, and both sweaters can be bought at American Eagle.  The plain pink sweater (second) costs $41, and the pink sweater with white stripes (first) costs $44.

If you are not a sweater girl, then plain long-sleeves layered with a vest or even a sweatshirt can also be a warm outfit choice.  For example, consider these two long-sleeved shirts from Hollister and Gilly Hicks. The Hollister cream-colored Easy Long-Sleeve Cozy Ribbed Henley shirt (second) is $25. The black Gilly Hicks Lightweight Long-Sleeve T-shirt (first) is $30 and can be used for workouts as well.

Pants

The second most important item in your outfit for fall is pants, particularly farm-colored jeans. A favorite place for jeans is Levi’s, but a comfy, baggy, iconic 90s pair of jeans can be found anywhere. These pairs from Zara are both affordable and fashionable. The Trf Mid-Rise Full Length (fourth) costs $60, while the Trf Mid-Rise Wide Leg Jeans (first) cost $50. If you’re looking to stray from the traditional dark blue or deep black, a shiny silver is also an option. These Z1975 High Rise Straight Cut Metallic Jeans from Zara (second and third) run $60. 

Accessories and Hoodies

To complete your perfect fall outfit any bags, earrings, or hats work great.  Your outfit can also be finished with a simple hoodie such as these ones from Brandie Melville:

Costing $42 each, these hoodies can be paired with black leggings or jeans.

The Perfect Fall Colors

If you’re not seeking to buy and would rather create fall outfits from your own closet, this fall color palette from Pantone may be able to help. 

For more fall outfit inspiration, check out New York Fashion Week. Wishing you a fashionable fall season, and stay tuned for the next edition: winter.